This article is for you if you are one of the users who refuse to adapt to changes, such as the elimination of Google Image Search. Additionally, the removal of the Google Image Search function from Chrome in favor of Google Lens stirs up an uproar among worldwide users. Some users consider it to be a superior substitute, while others are eager to bring back the previous feature. Let’s dig deep for the users who felt associated with the previous version.
The new version of Google image search implies the right-click menu option for a reverse image search which was replaced by the Google lens. Don’t worry if you are not Ok with it, you can have the older one resume convenience, and we will let you know how you can do it.
Google has laid down two routes for users to search their queries:
- Use lens
- Visit the Google Image Search website
So, the mid-way solution to remove the anxiety is to get back the previous Google Image Search function to Chrome will be discussed shortly. However, we are apprehensive about the future efficacy of the workaround mentioned in this document.
How Can You Restore Google Image Search in Chrome?
Here is a complete step-by-step guide to help you understand a bit of the intricate process of finding your mental peace:
- Launch Google Chrome
- Enter the Experimental section of Chrome
- Find Enable Lens flag
- Do not set the value to Default; disable it
- Restart Chrome
Another way out would be:
- Install any Image Search extensions
- Find the Chrome icon on the desktop
- Double-click on it
- You can also open it via the Apps drawer or from the Taskbar
- Now, to disable Google Lens, enter the Experimental section of Chrome
How Can You Use the Image Search Extensions to Restore Image Search in Chrome?
The possibilities are higher that, in the near future, Google will not accept the experimental flag. It means that you will have to accept the rigid rules and features of Google, no matter how, what, and if! Then you have only one option to search, “Google Lens.”
However, till then, enjoy the flexibility allowed by Google, and use these extensions to restore Google Search in Chrome.
Quick Image Search:
It is one of the effective extensions that allow the user to search by uploading a photo to Google Image Search to bring the desired result. The only caveat to this extension is it was last updated in 2020.
Reverse Image Search:
Worldwide users like this extension to restore Google Search in Chrome. It works in the following manner:
- Allows you to add a context menu to Google Chrome
- Allows you to search for images via different platforms like:
- Yandex (Russian search engine)
Search by Image:
With this extension, you can use the likes of:
It is capable to support more than 30 search engines, which sounds amazing!
How Can You Search by Google Image?
If you are enthused to take a ride to the older version of Google Search and using a lens may not be a good option for you, then try out visiting images.google.com. What you need to do is:
- Click on the camera icon
- Now you have two options upload an image whether:
- From your computer
- Use a URL from where you can pick the image
- The system will identify the image or a similar image
Why Google Lens is Far Better Than the Older Version?
Here are several benefits of using Google Lens instead of searching in Chrome:
- Google Lens is intrinsically designed for intuitively functioning
- It is capable to perform vision-based computation
- It can sense the user’s preferences. And provides information accordingly
- It is capable to translate or copy the document
- Can identify plants, animals, and other objects
- Explore and find products
- Can also help in finding visually similar graphics
Hopefully, this document will be immensely beneficial for users who are upset with Google Lens and eager to restore Google Image Search in Chrome. We have documented every possibility that can help to revive the older version with which you have developed a sense of affiliation. We can understand the little things that captivate human engagement, and a little change negatively impacts users’ performance.
So, try out these fixes to resume your comfort zone!