Good news for privacy advocates! You can now safeguard your privacy by hiding your phone number while using WhatsApp. Who could argue against the benefits of using WhatsApp, which is reliable, useful, and secure? Furthermore, it also handles both your personal and professional social life. Being connected with the system via a versatile communication platform like WhatsApp is not snobbery but rather a means of developing a reliable link.
This article is for socially active users who want to maintain their privacy at certain levels, and keeping their phone numbers under the hood is their ultimate desire. So. Try the practical solutions listed below if you are one of the users who want to strike a balance between their privacy level and social interactions.
Now that you have landed on this article, you do not need to worry about your phone details, which usually signal your online presence; simply follow the tactics given below that can help keep your phone number under wraps. Please do not worry; we respect your level of privacy and will give you the necessary information about how to spoof phone numbers on WhatsApp. It is important to note that WhatsApp does not support an inherent function to hide phone numbers, but there are some useful workarounds that can be used to achieve the goal.
Methods That Can Help Hiding Your Phone Number on WhatsApp
As we have discussed above, WhatsApp does not support any function that can be used for hiding numbers. So, what we can do is seek third-party assistance for masking your identity on Android.
Here are a few effective and handy workarounds you can try to protect your privacy.
Use of a Virtual Phone Number
Yes, using a virtual phone number to establish an online connection is practically possible. Google Voice Phone numbers are available for Android users, enabling them to make free calls to loved ones. The following are additional benefits of Google virtual phone support:
- Text messaging
- Call forwarding
The most important aspect of using Google’s virtual phone service is that it empowers users to mask their phone numbers. Sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
Also read: Is Video Call Available On WhatsApp Web?
Here is a comprehensive guide that can inform you how you can install the application and use it to meet the purpose:
- Launch your Play Store/App Store
- Search, download, and install the google voice app to proceed
- If you have not registered yet, do so before logging into your Google account
- Once logged in, hit the “Continue As your-account-name” button
- Wait for a few seconds to go through the terms and conditions
- Once done, tap on the accept button
- It will land you on the crucial stage to mask phone numbers, where you need to select your location to develop a connection with your virtual phone number
- Set the location of your state or city
- Tap on the Select button
- Follow the Google Wizard instructions
- It will give you your Google virtual number
Change Your Phone Number
Changing your phone number can be a good option to try. You can use your virtual number to register for your WhatsApp account. In case you are already using WhatsApp with your physical number, don’t fret; you can change it; here is how you can do it.
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone
- Find the three dots menu in the top right extreme of your phone screen
- A simple click will open the menu
- Go to Settings
- Move to the sub-menu
- Click your profile photo
- If your number is verified, it will be shown
- If your number is not verified, here are a few instructions you need to follow to proceed:
- Click on the three dots menu on the WhatsApp screen
- Go to Settings
- Go to the Account option
- Tap on the Change number option
- You will see a warning message on the screen
- Click on the next button
- Enter your new number and tap on the next button
- Select the option about the change (according to your preference)
- Once done, click Done to move ahead
- You will receive OTP SMS and code from the Google Voice app for verification
- Now, enter the code to WhatsApp
- Congrats! You have completed the verification process
You now have an idea of how to hide your online phone number on WhatsApp. Two simple workarounds are provided in this article that are handy and effective. Using a virtual phone number through Google is a highly suggested option for privacy enthusiasts. If you are already using this method, swapping it with a new virtual identity is also possible; the detailed process is explained above; try it to ensure your online safety.