TikTok brought a new shift to the digital horizon and took a dramatic and drastic step to boost its fan base. The famous video-sharing platform sprang up in the race of social media platforms by launching new features. With the addition of a new text-based feature on TikTok now seems to be in a solid position to challenge Twitter (now X). It appears that this popular platform is set to play a major role in the current digital scenario.
What Are the Features of the TikTok’s New Content-Based Option?
Here are the enticing attributes associated with TikTok new text-based feature:
- Now you can create and share stories, poetry, food recipes, and much more
- You can avail yourself of endless options to build your own audience
- Users can now share their success stories, fears, and causes of happiness in their life. There are a lot of things that can be shared with like-minded individuals via a TikTok
- You can choose any background color
- Plus, you can also add stickers to your post
- You are free to write anything, staying within the limit of 1,000 characters. The freedom of expression is not confined to a few words, unlike Twitter and Threads
- TikTok boasts all the features now, having everything a user can expect, such as photos, videos, and text
- It is very simple to use the text-based feature; what you need to do is:
- Launch the TikTok app on your phone
- Select Text
- It will take you to the Text Creation page
- Type the content for your post
- Furthermore, you can customize your content with the help of interesting options. For instance,
- Adding Sound effects
- Tapping a location
- Allowing Duets
- Enabling comments
How Has the Industry Reacted to TikTok’s New Added Feature?
The recent uproar about TikTok’s text-based feature has made the podium more dynamic and interactive. The industry is drawing correlations with Instagram, where you can create and share videos, photos, or text. It is not an accusation, as many big socio-tech platforms copy each other with a few exceptions only. The news has increased the temperature and made the discussion more intense. When everyone was busy talking about Meta or Musk, TikTok sneakily made the big announcement.
TikTok is now ready with its arsenal of tools on the digital landscape to hook up a fresh audience.
According to the business and technology journalist Todd Spangler,
TikTok is Under Thorough Scrutiny on Some Heavy Accusations
TikTok is undeniably one of the fastest-growing platforms. However, the Chinese-owned platform to establish social connections is under heavy scrutiny.
Here are a few accusations that are imposed on TikTok. These allegations are of a critical nature:
- Privacy invasion of user data
- Suspected practices around user data collection
- Inappropriate content
- Misleading content
TikTok Availed of an AuspictiousTiming to Roll Out the New Feature
People of all ages and professions love TikTok, and now that it has extended its capabilities, its popularity would be multiplied. This popular platform boasts over 1 billion active users with a new text-based option for posts. The noticeable aspect of the news is how TikTok availed of a propitious timing to bring its latest offerings.
It was the time when Twitter billionaire Elon Musk announced to change in the logo and name of the platform. When the bird is transforming into an X, simultaneously, TikTok was ringing the bells of its new text-based feature. Needless to say, TikTok’s news distracted worldwide users.
TikTok announced the news on social media in these historic words:
It is believed by experts that hitting the same dates is not a coincidence. It was already planned to compete in the same space. TikTok chose the time when social media was busy with hashtags Twitter and Instagram crashed all of a sudden. At the same time, Twitter was hinting at rebranding “Notes” to “Articles” to allow writers to publish books on the platform.
Right at the moment, TikTok introduced a writing capability option using 1,000 characters. In comparison, Threads allows 500, and X allows 280 characters limit. Who is the winner, then?
TikTok made a strategic move, and the most compelling aspect is the timing of rolling out the feature. The new era of TikTok is not confined to a specific age or content. This fast-paced platform broke the glass ceiling and is ready to compete with its rivals. The best game plan to target the maximum audience is to cater to both text lovers and video enthusiasts.
Now, you can do almost everything on TikTok. TECHBYTEX keeps you informed with exciting news, upcoming offerings, and the latest trends in the social technology space.