Since the platform’s acquisition, Twitter users have encountered technical glitches and charges for free services before the takeover. Mark Zuckerberg profited from the circumstance and exploded with the Threads. The latest update reveals that the Threads surpassed the threshold of 100 million users on Monday.
Here is a comprehensive study of Twitter vs. Threads, which will be immensely beneficial for active users.
Everything You Need to Know About Twitter
With over 330 million users, Twitter is a well-known bird app with a fantastic microblogging platform. Here is all the information you require regarding the Twitter app.
Why Should You Love Twitter?
Here are some positive points of Twitter:
- You don’t need to invest hours in creating a tweet; it is only a matter of seconds instead
- Free social media platform
- The standout feature of Twitter is the #Hashtag Power
- You can save your precious time by scheduling your tweets
- Twitter is a powerful podium to promote your business and run campaigns without spending a single penny
- It is a responsible digital podium to interact with customers and can get feedback along with suggestions to shine on your Twitter handle
- You can expand your audience by choosing any trending or debatable topic
- Twitter empowers you to reach professionals and experts in your field or business
- It keeps you aware and up-to-date about ongoing trends, political spikes, and with anything interesting happening across the globe
Why Should You Fly From Twitter?
Despite the striking advantages, Twitter has some major downsides too. Here is what can make you reluctant choosing in Twitter as a social sharing app:
- You are restricted to only 280 characters
- Your account is at risk of spamming and hacking, and you need to be very careful all the time
- You can miss your active followers if will not use time smartly
- You can lose a potential audience if will tweet like a bot
- Twitter is bursting with fake accounts, bots, and hackers
- Little negligence in using restricted hashtags can suspend your account
Everything You Need to Know About Threads
Threads is unveiled now, and a seemingly clone app of Twitter has surprised everyone with a sprint of 100 million signups in a few days; it sounds crazy. Here are some useful facts you need to know about Threads.
Why Should You Love Threads?
Here are a few points that can be a push from Musk’s microblogging app to Meta’s stand-alone soaring high Threads:
- Free social communication app
- Easy signup
- You don’t need to spend money to get that blue badge that was previously received on Twitter or Instagram with money. The good thing is, on Threads, you are already verified via an Instagram account
- As Threads is tied-up with Instagram, you can use the same name
- You can follow all of the same accounts you are following on Instagram
- It focuses on text and dialogue; on the contrary, Instagram is all about photos and videos. It entirely depends on the preference, which can be an upside or a downside
- You can use up to 500 characters for each thread, which is almost double Twitter’s character limit
- Many celebrities and social activists are already there
- Supports up to 5-minute video
- Threads do not support ad culture, but how far it stays Meta knows well
- It offers the same safety guidelines regarding content as are applied to Instagram
- If the user’s account is suspended on Facebook or Instagram, they would be welcomed on Threads
- Under 16 users are considered children and are restricted to private accounts
Why You Should Not Choose Threads?
Here are a few points that can stop users from joining Threads:
- You cannot directly land on Threads unless you have maintained an Instagram account
- You will have to create your audience again. Your Instagram followers and friends can not join you on Threads automatically
- People are curious about the unavailability of Threads in Europe, where heavy fines are imposed for privacy invasion
- Threads don’t show up in Instagram-like posts and Reels; simply show them in links
- No integrated messaging function
- No hashtag power
- Unable to follow real-time events as Twitter
- You cannot edit threads once you have posted them
- If in case you want to fly from Twitter to Threads, there is no medium available that you can use to transfer the list of accounts. It is not yet offered.
- Hopefully, in the future, a set up is created for easy migration with family and friends
- Unwanted display of Threads on your screen from the people you didn’t even select because you have no freedom to choose the feed
- You cannot even order your feed chronologically; it sounds strange!
- Threads algorithm decides of choosing your feed
- Threads offer the same privacy level
- It hunts your data the same as Facebook and Instagram
- It gobbles everything, including your personal information and even your mobile phone’s specifications
- You will have to sacrifice your Instagram account if you want to delete or deactivate your Threads account
- Users are claiming that Threads is a battery killer and uses 53% of the phone’s battery. On the contrary, Twitter only consumes 12%
Wrapping up the ongoing discussion that is not yet wrapped in the media is challenging. How Threads has turned, the tables are astonishing for worldwide users and for Musk. It is believed Metta has capitalized on the current confusion among Twitter users smartly and won the media battle by a thread. The latest reports are all about legal action taken by Elon Musk on allegedly stealing the trade secrets of Twitter. Let’s see what happens next in the digital horizon, whether the bird will fly high or the thread will weave its way.