WhatsApp is a straightforward, trendy, secure, and dedicated messaging platform. However, it poses some security concerns that drive some users to WhatsApp Mod Apps for extended functionality and security. Nevertheless, WhatsApp always tries to meet users’ expected privacy needs. For instance, by featuring a “view once” photo capability to safeguard sensitive media files. However, a few users might find ways to take a screenshot of a “view once” photo on WhatsApp.
This content addresses a common issue that many of us may experience from time to time: how to send a WhatsApp text to an unsaved number. Here, we present some of the best methods and interesting tricks to send WhatsApp msg to an unsaved number. However, indeed, there is literally no direct approach within the app to send WhatsApp messages to an unsaved phone number.
Let’s dig deep by solving some interesting queries to overcome a seemingly intricate glitch.
How to Add Number on WhatsApp?
Let’s guide you on how to add number to WhatsApp:
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Locate and tap the “Chats” tab, located at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on the “+” sign or an icon to initiate a new chat
- This will give you an option of “Add a new contact” or “Add a new chat.”
- Select any of the above-mentioned options
- Fill in the contact’s details, including name and phone number
- Click the “Save” button
- Once you’ve saved the contact, you can chat or make an instant video call to that person
How Can You Send WhatsApp Messages Without Saving a Mobile Number?
Now, you don’t need to worry about texting in WhatsApp with someone who is either unintentionally or deliberately not saved on your device. You may encounter such a situation only once, and in the future, you might not need to be in contact either. That’s why you just want to text him, and that’s it!
Explore the following methods to resolve this issue.
Method-1: Via Web Browser
Using WhatsApp Web, you can send a message to any number, saved or unsaved, on your device.
Here is the step-by-step guide:
- Open your preferred browser on your smartphone or computer
- Type the link http://wa.me/91xxxxxxxxxx
- Press, Enter
- In the link, 91 is the country code; use your country code, then the 10-digit mobile number
- Press enter to open the link.
- This process will ask about the user’s intention, and whether they want to be redirected to the WhatsApp screen or download it
- Select an option depending on your need
- Click on the green button, saying “Continue Chat”
- You will see the WhatsApp chat window of the person whose mobile number you have entered
- Now, you can send a message to the person, even a video call is also available
Method-2: Using a Click-to-Chat Link
The Click-to-Chat link method involves tweaking the URL, and some users may find this method uncomfortable and confusing. With this approach, you can initiate a chat directly from a link, eliminating the need to save the contact in your phone’s address book.
When you need to text someone without phone number saved on your device, using a click-to-chat link might be helpful to start conversations. Hiding your online phone number has also become a practical privacy setting now.
Here are some key factors to consider when using this method:
- A person should have an active WhatsApp account
- Create a link
- Click on that link
- This will automatically open a chat with the person
- Click on that chat
- This chat will work on both your smartphone and WhatsApp Web
How Can You Create Your Own Link?
- Use https://wa.me/<number> where the <number> should be:
- A full phone number in an international format
- Do not add any zeroes, brackets, or dashes
- For instance, use https://wa.me/1XXXXXXXXXX
Method-3: Via Siri Shortcut (iPhone only)
For iPhone users, this option is a great way to text an unsaved contact on WhatsApp. If you have ever found yourself in this common situation and wondered how to access text messages, Siri can help you do it precisely and effortlessly.
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Apple Shortcuts app on your iPhone
- Tap on the “Add shortcut” button
- Now, install the WhatsApp to Non-Contact shortcut, a seemingly intricate process that is quite straightforward
- Once the shortcut is installed, tap to run it
- This will open a pop-up saying, “Choose recipient”
- Now, enter the phone number along with the country code in the “Choose recipient” space
- The WhatsApp chat for the particular number will open, allowing you to chat with the person
Method-4: Using a Truecaller
With Caller ID apps, especially when using a dedicated option like Truecaller, using WhatsApp for texting becomes a breeze. The situation becomes even more convenient when you can engage in direct messaging without saving the contact number.
Here’s a more convenient way to do it using Truecaller:
- Launch the Truecaller app
- Access the search bar to type the phone number of the person you want to chat with
- This will open the Truecaller profile of that person
- Scroll down to find the WhatsApp button in the profile.
- Tap on the WhatsApp option
- This will open the WhatsApp chat window
- Now, you can effortlessly send a message to the person who is not saved in your phone book
Method-5: Utilizing Self-Chat Window
If you want to use WhatsApp to text someone who is neither on your WhatsApp contact list nor exists in your phonebook, using a self-chat window can help.
Here is how you can use this option:
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your smartphone
- Go to the search icon, located at the top right corner
- Find the ‘Message to yourself’ chat option in contacts
- Alternatively, you can also type “You” in the search box
- You can write or paste and send the unsaved phone number to your ‘self chat’ window
- Once the message is sent, the sent number will turn blue
- Now, tap on the number
- Choose the “Chat with ” option
- This process will open the Chat window with that number
- Now, you can easily text that person
It is needless to say the mentioned number should be using WhatsApp.
Method-6: Via Group Chat
Using a group chat to send a WhatsApp text to someone without saving his/her phone number is straightforward.
Follow these simple steps to do what you want without wasting hours trying to fix it:
- Launch the WhatsApp in your smartphone
- Open a group chat in which the person is also available
- Scroll and tap to open the number you wish to text
- A pop-up window will appear
- It will give you the option to “Message”
- By hitting this option, the chat window will open on your screen
It is significant to note that the efficacy and practicality of this method may be limited. Furthermore, this approach will serve you only on the condition that the person to whom you want to text will exist in your WhatsApp group chat context.
Method-7: Disable WhatsApp’s Contact Access on iPhone
It’s a relevant option for iPhone users to send a WhatsApp message to an unsaved number. Disabling WhatsApp’s contact access leaves no option but to manually type the phone numbers.
Here is how you can do it:
- Launch the iPhone Settings
- Tap Privacy
- Open Contacts
- Toggle off WhatsApp
- Now, open WhatsApp
- Tap the “Start New Chat” option
- Type the phone number
- Start chatting with an unsaved number
Playful Hacks to Send a WhatsApp Message Without Saving the Phone Number
Here are a few quirky approaches that can help you hit the target of your absolute wish of texting without keeping the user’s information in the phone book of your smartphone.
Ask the Person to Initiate the Conversation:
Yeah, doesn’t it sound funny? A bit, obviously, but it is absolutely practical. Just think of a situation in which your delivery person has called you to receive your parcel and you have asked him to “cancel it.” He, in turn, asked you to send a cancellation text to his number, which is not saved in your contacts or WhatsApp contact list. Now, you can ask him to send a message to you, and in response, you can easily text him.
Save the Contact Temporarily:
It is the least preferred option, but it is still available for use. In fact, it is the most straightforward approach to tackling the entire situation in a matter of a few seconds.
Here is the simple process:
- Save the number for a moment
- Send the message
- Delete the number from your phone’s address book
And it’s Done!
Utilizing the Zany “Send Me Number” Method
You can also use the “send me number” option. You can either ask your friend to send you the number of that person who does not exist in your address book or send your friend that number. It will alleviate the situation to some extent; now you just need to click on that number and use the WhatsApp send message option. This will provide you with two choices: to make a call or start a chat.
Wrapping up the discussion, we want to know how users understand texting without saving numbers in their phone book through this content. Adapting to changing dynamics is a common human instinct. People always want to unveil hidden realities and seek to be invisible using stealthy settings. WhatsApp is a platform where both official and social circles are fostered. You may occasionally need to text someone at random without having their phone number saved in your phone book. To accomplish this goal, TECHBYTEX offers awesomely clever strategies along with some humorous ruses.
Note: WhatsApp frequently rolls out updates, and it might be possible that the above-mentioned workarounds may become nullified with a new WhatsApp launch.