Sometimes you need to retrieve the number you dialed some time ago, and searching for it in your call history can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. It is undoubtedly a severe headache to waste your precious time on a fruitless pursuit. Users of iPhones can only see the 100 most recent calls in their call history.
However, what about the call you made a few days earlier and did not save the number? Incredibly frustrating indeed! It can be challenging to find the desired number quickly, and looking for it can be very irritating. And this annoyance intensifies when your iPhone hides your call logs. Do not worry; this article is for you if you are having trouble finding numbers on your iPhone.
This document will help you find the targeted numbers that have vanished from the iPhone call history. With the aid of practical techniques, we will direct you and give you instructions on how to view previous call history on an iPhone.
So, let’s learn every detail about the old call history on iPhone. Before proceeding, you must have a basic understanding of your iPhone’s local memory.
- An iPhone can manage up to 1000 call histories by default
- Plus, users can access up to 100 of their recent calls
- To make room for more, you must delete the current call record if you want to access the complete call history
- Data and information cannot be stored on iCloud for more than 180 days; it will be deleted once the time limit expires
Also Check: Free Caller ID Apps For iPhone
How Can You View Call History on an iPhone?
The good news is iPhone users can leverage these facilities to get out of trouble. Here are some useful workarounds and easy tasks to complete in order to access your iPhone’s complete call history.
Access From Your Phone App
It is a straightforward technique to access and check the latest call logs, including whether you received, made, refused, missed, or went unanswered. The built-in app is capable of managing call log history. Follow the simple instructions listed below to get started:
- Open your iPhone
- The phone app can be accessed by tapping the green icon at the bottom of the menu bar
- It will open the list of the most recent 100 call entries
- When you click the blue “i” next to the number, you can get complete information about the call
This method to access the call history will give you every possible detail regarding calls quite efficiently and quickly. However, the only caveat to using this approach is that it only shows a limited list of recent call numbers. If your desired number is beyond the recent call history, you will have to switch to the next option.
Access Call History Through Your Cellular Service Provider
This approach implies going beyond 100 calls in the call log. If you want access to your iPhone’s complete call history, you must look for the call logs statement from your cellular provider. You can do it by contacting your cellular service provider’s customer service department by using any of the following methods:
- Over the phone call
- By visiting the official website
However, it is pertinent to note that cellular phone service providers typically oblige their customers who demand call history for the following periods:
- At least 18 months
- Up to 6 years
Keep in mind that the procedure for asking your service provider to view your call history will depend on the policy of your cellular service provider that can make the process:
- Requires a legal document that can prove the legitimacy of your reason
Accessing Call History via iCloud
Furthermore, iCloud is another route you can opt to access the call history on your iPhone. It is capable of restoring data on your iPhone, including:
- App data
According to the experts, using this approach is generally assumed simple and convenient. However, it can cause inconvenience in certain situations like the following:
- You cannot view the call history before restoring
- You will have to delete the entire existing data
- You will lose the call records that are not included in the backup
What Precautionary Measures Do You Need to Take to Be a Bit Safer?
Though it is a bit riskier route to view call history on your iPhone, still you can take precautionary measures to minimize data loss. What you need to do is, keep your important data files in a secure location before restoring the backup.
However, if you are interested in using this method to access call history on your iPhone, then follow these steps to check your iCloud call logs:
- Access the Setting App
- Select General
- Tap Reset
- Scroll down a bit and click the option “Erase all Contents and Settings”
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to set the device
- When the Apps & Data screen appears, click Restore from iCloud Backup
Also check: How To Fix A Disabled iPhone?
How You Can View Old/Deleted Call History on iPhone?
Though it is a bit risky, lengthy, and intricate process, the good news is that iPhone users are obliged to access their deleted call history too. Here are some feasible methods to meet the purpose, pick anyone with old/deleted call history on iPhone.
View Old/Deleted Call History From Your iPhone
The bad news is you cannot recover a deleted call log from your iPhone unless you have created a backup of your call history. In case you did not create a backup beforehand, then you will have to utilize a professional data recovery tool to help resolve the crisis. With the help of a professional data recovery tool, you can efficiently, quickly, and easily retrieve old/deleted call history on your iPhone.
View Old/Deleted Call History from iCloud Backup
If you are interested in using this option of viewing old/deleted call history on your iPhone, then you will have to create a backup first. However, restoring data from iCloud backup comes with a drawback. First, you will have to delete existing iPhone data and then can restore it from the iCloud backup.
Here are the steps to accomplish the task:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone
- Go to General
- Click Reset
- Erase all Contents and Settings
- Select Erase Now
- Enter your password
- Wait for a few seconds to let it finish
- Select “Restore from iCloud Backup”
- Sign in with the same Apple ID (the old one in use)
- Select the most relevant file to restore
- Old/deleted call history with data and settings will be restored to your iPhone
Also check: How To Delete Multiple Contacts On iPhone
Accessing Call History Via iTunes
It is another effective workaround to access call history on your iPhone. You can create a backup of an iOS device to your computer using iTunes with all settings and content. It sounds strange, but iTunes empowers users to transport the calling data on their Mac or Windows computer. The one caveat of using this route is iTunes overwrites the existing data on your iPhone. Make sure that you consider these two points before accessing call history via iTunes:
- Use it to restore call logs only
- Make sure that you have saved your important files
Using iTunes to view call history requires the following process
- Connect your iPhone via a USB cable
- Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac
- You will spot the iPhone icon in the left sidebar
- Click Restore Backup
- Select the relevant backup data file from the number of options available
- Make sure that your internet connection remains stable during the restoration process; poor connectivity can make the process complicated
- Confirm “Restore”
Also Check: iTunes Not Detecting Your iPhone Fix
Hopefully, this guide will assist you greatly in viewing the call history on your iPhone. We have provided every possible method that can resolve the crisis of viewing old/deleted call logs on iPhones. Furthermore, what you need to do is simply pick the option accordingly to meet your purpose. Whether it is about accessing the call history beyond 100 calls present in the recent calls or it is about accessing the old/deleted calls, you can do it with the help of options provided in this document.
Follow the methods, instructions, guidelines, and precautionary measures associated with every method given above to resume convenience.