What could be more thrilling and amusing than unlocking a hidden Snapchat filter or lens and the way you enthrall others with your perfect first selfie? When a new lens or filter sits in your Snapchat, it propels you to be the first one in your circle to jump on the bandwagon to lure the thrill. For instance, the current Uganda Knuckles and the exclusive New Year 2023 Lens. Snapchat lenses are hilarious, ridiculously funny, startling, and timely inspired. It is always interesting to see how things will turn out with Snapchat-exclusive lenses.
What to Do if You Are Having Trouble Unlocking Your Snapchat Lens?
Don’t fret; this article is a helpful guide to let you give brief and comprehensive info about unlocking your Snapchat lens. Do the following if you have any worries.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Snapchat app installed on your device
- If yes, then proceed; if you did not install the update yet, do it right away
- Open the app
- Tap on the “Lenses” icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Scroll through the available Lenses
- Tap on the one you are intended to unlock
- Once unlocked, you can use it whenever you want
- Tap on the “Lenses” icon again
- Select the lens you wish to open
- If the problem persists regarding unlocking lenses, try restarting the Snapchat app or your device
What Snapchat Wants You To Do With Lenses?
Snapchat is a barrel of laughs that propels you to belly laugh when you see yourself turning into a pineapple, a giraffe, a turkey, and whatever else. It is a hilarious app that can split to your sides with laugh-out-loud fun. It only takes a few minutes to unlock several new filters and amplified reality lenses to give gales of laughter.
What is Snapcode in Snapchat?
Let’s have a quick look to know everything about Snapcode
- A Snapcode is a quirky code that allows you to get access features or peculiar content on Snapchat
- Each lens is fetched up with its own Snapcode that can be unlocked by anyone, anytime and anywhere
- A new lens or filter can be hidden within a Snapcode on the side of Wendy’s cup or in a simple tweet
- It can be holed up in a regular old URL lens or filter link
- Snapcode images are like QR codes
- Plus, Snapcodes are used to create a Snapchat QR code that can be scanned to:
- Add new friends
- Unlock lenses
- Discover exclusive content
- Each Snapcode curtails a digital information
- You can easily download Snapcodes from an image library that is directly added to your camera rolls
- Snapchat is also capable of detecting and unlocking the Snapcode in the screenshot
Can You Make Money With Snapchat Lenses?
Yes, you can make money by creating Snapchat lenses for big brands or can sell your augmented reality lenses through the Snapchat app. Hair brow talent is not rare; who knows well how to use lenses and filters to enjoy inimitability? By using a Snapchat lens, you can add more artistic flair to your Snapchat. Plus, transforming the environment and sharing information about a person is not a big deal with Snapchat.
Snapchat Offers a Variety of Lenses and Filters
Here is a wide range of lenses and filters Snapchat offers to amuse all age groups; pick the one that tickles your curiosity
- Best Snapchat filters for guys
- Most used filters on Snapchat for girls
- Best Snapchat filters for selfies
- Throwback Snapchat lenses
- Fun-looking Snapchat lenses
How Can You Unlock More Lenses on Snapchat?
You need to earn Lens Stars to unlock more lenses on Snapchat:
Complete certain tasks within the app, such as:
- Snapping a certain number of photos or videos
- Adding filters to your snaps
- Sharing snaps with your friends
By taking the aforementioned route, you can earn enough Lens Stars to unlock new lenses to use on your snaps.
Get Some Snapcodes or Links
You can find Snapcodes or links on several digital destinations to unlock hidden filters and lenses.
Websites: Snapcodes and links can be grabbed on limited edition products and sporadically on websites as either:
- QR-style codes
Snapchat’s Lens Studio website: It is always fascinating to visit the Lenses page on Snapchat’s Lens Studio website, where you can get the latest world lenses created by the prodigious community. At a certain dollar amount, you can get face lenses and filters crafted by users or companies to serve a certain time frame or location.
SnapCata: It is another inordinate resource for custom filters and overlay lenses, so don’t get reluctant to check them out there.
Disney: Disney is pretty famous to fling Snapcodes all over its:
- Theme parks
- Game of Thrones promotional lens (when the last season came out)
Open the Snapcode or Link on Snapchat
You can also unlock lenses and filters by:
- Opening a hyperlink on your phone, for instance, the Uganda Knuckle, Samba Knuckles, Legend of Zelda, To Be Continued, and Waluigi
Tap the link
- The Snapchat app would open
- You will get a new filter or lens instantly
You can also avail of the always-available option of scanning a Snapcode, which is present inside the Snapchat app. To avail of this option, make sure the app is using your rear-facing camera.
Here you will know how you can do it:
- Open up your Snapchat app
- Supposedly, the image on the screen is your cute little kitty
- Tap the camera icon in the top-right to swap the image. The Snapcode should be in front of your phone
- Tap on the image once to put it in focus
- Long-press on the Snapcode in your viewfinder to let your phone identifies it
Also check: Everything About Screen Recording Feature In IOS 11
Discover the Hidden Filter or Lens
Regardless of which option you are going to avail to unlock the lenses on Snapchat, you will see a:
- A message pops up with its credentials
- “New Lens Found” or “New Filter Found” appears on your Snapchat app
- Tap on “Unlock” or “Unlock for 1 hour” (or another time frame) on the “News Lens Found!” message
Explore and try different lenses to have giggling fun. Take the following actions to get access:
- Go to your camera in the Snapchat app
- Try new lenses and filters
- Long-press on the screen until your filters and lenses pop up
- You will find the most recently added lens or filter on the top or to a bit left side
How To Keep Your Snapcodes Safe And Accessible?
Bear in mind most filters and lenses do not last long, and you need to replicate this process to find the same filter or lens again. It is always suggested:
- Share the URL link with yourself to keep the Snapcode in safe custody and to be used when required
- You can go to your “Snapcodes” section in the built-in settings, then tap “Scan History” to spot everything
Subsequently, now you have learned the ways to unlock the lenses on Snapchat. As far as Snapcodes are concerned, they are available only on specific products or when linked to them via a link, by getting a hidden filter in a tweet, or on a high-class product. You can find and get the lens by typing Snapcode or Lens into the search function in the top left corner of the app or can access Snapchat’s ‘Invisible’ in the ‘Lenses’ section of the app. So, get the lens or filter which can enthrall your inquisitiveness.